Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reservoir: the neighborhood watering hole

Since my move to Montreal's Plateau neighborhood last summer, I've spent many evenings down the street at Reservoir. On a student budget, it's a bit of an expensive pick, but the homemade microbrews and savory snacks more than make up for its price. The bar is great for summer evenings when the second floor balcony opens, but in the winter, the first floor is super cozy.

I ventured in for a pint of hefeweizen just the other night. A piping hot glass of calamari and lime mayo accompanied my beer, and to be honest, after I finished the calamari, I wanted to order more snacks.

Reservoir is also open for brunch of Sundays. My last morning visit consisted of a perfectly concocted allonge, poached eggs on top of wild atlantic lox, and sweet biscuits topped with blueberry jam.

This bar is a foodie's dream come true. I'm going back tomorrow.

Reservoir
9 Duluth Est
Montreal, Quebec
514-849-7779

No comments: